Sunday 10 July 2016

Heading Home---An Unforgettable Experience

    It was SO DARK.
    The never-ending ache in my stomach, the deadly silence in the humid summer midnight, with no one on the suburban streets, I felt a sense of ghost singing around. And I was heading home.
Cherry Orchard Street, Canterbury, Kent, England
    The dim streetlights, with tiny insects flying around, flickered. I stared at it for a while to relieve the pain; as if it was the only I should focus on. But I felt a sudden sharp ache from the stomach again, from the inside to the outside, from the belly to the muscles, from my veins to my brain, just suffering. How could I go back to my host family? Since I had been here in Canterbury for only two days, how could I adapt the life here? I was just an eleven-year-old girl. Why should I experience these things alone?
The streets in the town at night
    I squatted, grunting. The moon glimmered faintly through the mists, which was just a common night in Britain. Mom had always said that the Big Dipper could lead people home, however when I looked up into the black sky, there were nothing. Dad had always said that the earth was something you would rely on, however I could just breathe into my mouth the scent of grass growing in the mud, making me vomit.
    Whispering, whispering…… I heard some whispering. Who? Who was there? Panicked, I turned around, without finding anyone standing behind me. I listened carefully, only to find my heart beating fast. I couldnt help trembling. I heard the trills of my voice mixing with cicadas which might hide somewhere.
The streets in the town
    Phone? Yes, I could call the secure. Fumbling in the bag for the phone, I became more and more anxious. No, nothing was there! My phone, my camera, none of which was there! I had lost them on the coach back and could never go home. Because of guilt and agony, I wanted to cry, but I couldnt. I gritted my teeth, with sweat went down my back, breathed deeply and hard.
    Looking at my watch, it was 12 o clock in the midnight.
    I sighed, sat myself on the grass, and lied down, with empty eyes looking into the air, in despair.
Famous places of interests in the town, which was beautiful in daytime, while ghost-like at night

No comments:

Post a Comment